    SubjectRe: Uncle Sam Wants YOU!
    Paul Mundt wrote:

    > You always have a choice, work elsewhere. If you're in a position where you're
    > working with MS products, you were the one who made the decision to do so.
    > MS is not at fault, claiming so is childish.

    Nobody chooses to work with MS, they merely take the job that's offered.

    I didn't choose to use MS, I merely chose to be able to pay the rent.
    The choice is basically use MS or don't work in the computer industry.

    Hell, I'd even take a pay cut if someone had a Linux job on offer.
    Never seen one... never likely to either in the near future. MS
    completely owns the business world (and it's not like I've not looked
    either, I'd give anything to get out of the job I'm in now but there's
    very few people hiring at the moment).

    I don't think that MS are all wrong... I even *like* Visual Studio (not
    the .NET one though, beta1 was unusable). It's just the creeping vendor
    lockin that I hate.

    Tony

    --
    "Two weeks before due date, the programmers work 22 hour days
    cobbling an application from... (apparently) one programmer

    tmh@nothing-on.tv
    http://www.nothing-on.tv

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:55    [W:0.026 / U:0.068 seconds]