    SubjectRe: Uncle Sam Wants YOU!
    Jim Roland wrote:

    >>>Get real, look at all the moronic things that various linux distributions
    >>>Is this a reason to hate linux and demand the head of Linus as
    >>>for your troubles?
    >>>This kind of attitude, and you wonder why MS attacks linux.
    >>Why would that make MS afraid of Linux. It should simply make them
    >>ignore them (b/c presumably this would make Linux harmless)
    >Actually if you would read the tech-news articles closely, you will see they
    >are attacking Open Source including the GPL license, not specifically Linux.
    >Linux is a threat by default because it's very heavy in GPL.
    Are you responding to me here, or to the previous statement?

    I admit that I may have made a mistake in how I said some things, and
    may have confused some people about how I feel about M$.

    M$ is not all bad. Some of their productsa re good. Without M$s efforts
    in the past Linux couldn't be as successful as it is, b/c M$ made the
    IBM clones very cheap, by licensing their products they made PCs into a
    huge market.
    (Yes, it could be argued that somebody else could have taken their
    place, their niche. _PLEASE_, try to understand my general points,
    instead of nitpicking inconsequential points.)

    I have a problem with M$ getting into the application business, and with
    their insistence on making mediocre software and then bundling it w/
    Windows. I wish they would focus on their operating system and make it
    good, make it right.

    Now it is also arguable that perhaps their is little money in pure
    kernel/OS. And they can make more money w/ apps. But other companies
    have to sell their products by the merits. M$ just sells their name.
    Good for business. bad for customers. Sometimes I think that M$ could
    sell us programs made by monkeys and still make money, as long as the
    programs work w/ Windows (presumably the OS couldn't be by monkeys,
    there has to be something of quality to sell).

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:55    [W:0.022 / U:131.816 seconds]