    SubjectRe: [patch] ess maestro, support for hardware volume control
    > BTW, what is the officially approved way to open a device on a
    > dynamic misc minor? Reading /proc/misc for the minor number,

    Ask for minor 0 I believe, then load the module then see what you got.

    > then mknod'ing a device and opening it seems to me to have a
    > nasty race condition, am I missing something here?

    Ultimately if its a device of its own it probably wants to be part of the
    input device frame work - as for example the volume knob on my USB speakers is

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:55    [W:0.024 / U:29.480 seconds]