SubjectRe: [patch] ess maestro, support for hardware volume control
> BTW, what is the officially approved way to open a device on a
> dynamic misc minor? Reading /proc/misc for the minor number,

Ask for minor 0 I believe, then load the module then see what you got.

> then mknod'ing a device and opening it seems to me to have a
> nasty race condition, am I missing something here?

Ultimately if its a device of its own it probably wants to be part of the
input device frame work - as for example the volume knob on my USB speakers is

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans