SubjectRe: Break 2.4 VM in five easy steps
On Sat, 9 Jun 2001, Rik van Riel wrote:

>> Why are half the people here trying to hide behind this diskspace
>> is cheap argument? If we rely on that, then Linux sucks shit.
>Never mind them, I haven't seen any of them contribute
>VM code, even ;)

Nor have I, but I think you guys working on it will get it
cleaned up eventually. What bugs me is people trying to pretend
that it isn't important to fix, or that spending money to get
newer hardware is acceptable solution.

>OTOH, disk space _is_ cheap, so the other VM - performance
>related - VM bugs do have a somewhat higher priority at the

Yes, it is cheap. It isn't always an acceptable workaround
though, so I'm glad you guys are working on it - even if we have
to wait a bit.

I have faith in the system. ;o)

Mike A. Harris - Linux advocate - Open Source advocate
Opinions and viewpoints expressed are solely my own.