    SubjectRe: 3C905b partial lockup in 2.4.5-pre5 and up to 2.4.6-pre1
    "Glenn C. Hofmann" wrote:
    > I have tried 2.4.5-pre2 up to 2.4.6-pre1 with the same results. Everything boots
    > great and I can login fine. When I try to assign an IP via DHCP or ifconfig, the system
    > sits and stares at me indefinitely. 2.4.5-pre4 didn't compile for me, but pre3 works fine
    > and pre5 locks. There is keyboard response, and Alt-SysRq will tell me that it knows I
    > want it to sync the disks, but won't actually do it. It will reboot, though. I can switch
    > between terminals, but cannot type anything at the login prompt.
    > The board is a Abit KT7-RAID. I have waited to see if this issue has been resolved and
    > will recompile the newer kernels (AC and Linus flavours) to see if it has cleared up, but
    > wanted to see if maybe there is something else I should look at. I can provide any more
    > information that might help, so please let me know. Thanks in advance.

    There's a problem in some versions of `pump' where it gets
    confused and ends up spinning indefinitely. If you're using
    pump could you please try the latest RPM?

    If that doesn't help, and if you're unable to kill pump
    with ^C, and if other virtual consoles are not responding then
    it could be a kernel problem - try hitting sysrq-T and feeding
    the resulting logs through `ksymoops -m'

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:55    [W:0.020 / U:40.844 seconds]