    SubjectRe: scsi disk defect or kernel driver defect ?
    Date
    "J . A . Magallon" <jamagallon@able.es> writes:

    > On 06.07 Nico Schottelius wrote:
    > > >
    > > > Based upon the lspci output you posted earlier, aic7880 has a single
    > > > SCSI bus.
    > >
    > > Oh. That could really be a problem.. I though having two different
    > > connectors on the board would make two different buses..
    > > I must have been wrong.
    > >
    > > > So you must mean two internal connectors. Both of your devices
    > > > (HD and Tape) do show up on the same bus during scan. Since you have
    > > > connected devices to both connectors on the card, you must terminate
    > > > both devices.
    > >
    > > Okay, so far I understood.
    > >

    > And, AFAIK, the controller stands in the bus between the disk and the tape,
    > so you should terminate both

    yes.

    > AND disable the controller internal terminator

    no. you should terminate high-on low-off. how can the 50 pin end
    terminate the extra wires of the 68 conductor wide side?

    > or leave it in AUTO mode.

    this might well work. if not, set host adapter/controller to
    terminate high-on low-off.

    --
    J o h a n K u l l s t a m
    [kullstam@ne.mediaone.net]