SubjectRe: scsi disk defect or kernel driver defect ?
Date
"J . A . Magallon" <jamagallon@able.es> writes:

> On 06.07 Nico Schottelius wrote:
> > >
> > > Based upon the lspci output you posted earlier, aic7880 has a single
> > > SCSI bus.
> >
> > Oh. That could really be a problem.. I though having two different
> > connectors on the board would make two different buses..
> > I must have been wrong.
> >
> > > So you must mean two internal connectors. Both of your devices
> > > (HD and Tape) do show up on the same bus during scan. Since you have
> > > connected devices to both connectors on the card, you must terminate
> > > both devices.
> >
> > Okay, so far I understood.
> >

> And, AFAIK, the controller stands in the bus between the disk and the tape,
> so you should terminate both

yes.

> AND disable the controller internal terminator

no. you should terminate high-on low-off. how can the 50 pin end
terminate the extra wires of the 68 conductor wide side?

> or leave it in AUTO mode.

this might well work. if not, set host adapter/controller to
terminate high-on low-off.

--
J o h a n K u l l s t a m
[kullstam@ne.mediaone.net]