SubjectRe: missing sysrq
"Mike A. Harris" wrote:

> >> I compiled it, and the sysrq is definitely in the config. No doubt at
> >> all. I also use make mrproper and config again before dep and actual
> >> compile. Maybe it is just a quirk/oddball.
> >>
> >> D. Stimits, stimits@idcomm.com
> >
> >Have you tried "echo 1 > /proc/sys/kernel/sysrq"?
> >You need both, compiled in and activation.

Since then I've completely removed that kernel source and kernel, only
the config file remains (and it had it activated if the config followed
it). All kernels before worked, and those since then also work, so I
know it isn't the keyboard. I also always run make mrproper and config
it again between compiles (I keep a list of config history), so I don't
know what was wrong, but replacing the kernel fixed it, and is no longer
an issue. I will, however, keep the showkey suggestion handy in case it
ever does it again.