    On Sun, Jun 03, 2001 at 11:10:02PM +0100, Adrian Cox <adrian@humboldt.co.uk> wrote:
    > > data corruption was easily detectable, one couldn't even write 500megs
    > > without altered bytes).
    >

    > Wrong way round. You're right that the pci master is supposed to handle
    > delayed transactions, but during data transfer the pdc is the pci master
    > and the northbridge is the PCI target.

    Ok, so it could be the promise controller (the controller, however, worked
    for a long time in another board with no via chipset and pci delayed
    transactions enabled, so I guess it is not only dependnet on the promise
    controller).

    and this means that there is no automatic workaround, since not all
    systems seem to have this problem.

    I *do* hate silent data corruption :()

    --

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:54    [W:2.568 / U:0.576 seconds]