SubjectRe: USBDEVFS_URB_TYPE_INTERRUPT
Date

Sigh. What do half the answers always show up seconds after clicking
'Send'?

I see there is a FILL_URB_INT macro in linux/usb.h, but the only things
using it seem to be drivers (as opposed to usbstress, libusb, etc). The
ioctl call supports USBDEVFS_SUBMITURB, but passing a type
USBDEVFS_URB_TYPE_INTERRUPT returns EINVAL. If the ioctl calls are the
'proper' way to talk to the USB drivers, should my code be calling
usb_submit_urb directly if I want to pass interrupt type messages?

I don't really want to write a full-up kernel mode driver for this device,
but interrupt type messages are the preferred method for communicating,
since once a message needs to be sent, it should be timely (whereas control
messages could be delayed a significant amount on a busy USB channel).

-- John

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:54    [W:0.023 / U:0.900 seconds]