    SubjectRe: temperature standard - global config option?
    On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Chris Boot wrote:

    > I'm sorry, by I don't feel like adding 273 to every number I get just to
    > find the temperature of something. What I would do is give configuration
    > options to choose the default (Celsius/centigrade, Kelvin, or [shudder]
    > Fahrenheit) then, when you need to print or output a temperature, send it
    > off to a common converter function so you don't repeat core all over the
    > place.

    Kelvin (decikelvin?) is probably a good unit to use in the kernel. If you
    want something else you convert it in the programs you use to interact
    with the kernel. This is a usespace issue, I think.

    Peter
    --
    Peter Svensson ! Pgp key available by finger, fingerprint:
    <petersv@psv.nu> ! 8A E9 20 98 C1 FF 43 E3 07 FD B9 0A 80 72 70 AF