SubjectRe: temperature standard - global config option?
On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Chris Boot wrote:

> I'm sorry, by I don't feel like adding 273 to every number I get just to
> find the temperature of something. What I would do is give configuration
> options to choose the default (Celsius/centigrade, Kelvin, or [shudder]
> Fahrenheit) then, when you need to print or output a temperature, send it
> off to a common converter function so you don't repeat core all over the
> place.

Kelvin (decikelvin?) is probably a good unit to use in the kernel. If you
want something else you convert it in the programs you use to interact
with the kernel. This is a usespace issue, I think.

Peter
--
Peter Svensson ! Pgp key available by finger, fingerprint:
<petersv@psv.nu> ! 8A E9 20 98 C1 FF 43 E3 07 FD B9 0A 80 72 70 AF