SubjectRe: Break 2.4 VM in five easy steps
Date
OK, Linus said if I use swap it should be at least twice as much as RAM.
there will be much more discussion about it, for me this contraint is a very
very bad idea.

Have you ever thought about diskless workstations? Swapping over a network
sounds ugly.

Nevertheless, my question is:
what happens if I plan to use no swap. I have enough memory installed for
my purposes and every swapping operation can do only one thing: slowing down
the system.
Is there a different behaviour if I completely disable swap?

greetings

Christian Bornträger

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:54    [W:0.178 / U:7.912 seconds]