SubjectRe: "Nvidia takes a crack at PCs" -- Interesting article from ZDNet
> I noticed this article on ZDNet and wondered if any of the kernel
> developers might be able to get a prototype motherboard from NVidia
> in order to do early support work for this new chipset. It sounds
> like pretty interesting technology.

Given Nvidia still only provides mangled basically binary graphics drivers
Im not stunningly hopeful. Maybe nvidia will prove me wrong but I suspect
Linux on such a device won't support the audio, won't support the graphics
in full and might only get you basic PIO IDE and no AGP

It does look an interesting chipset. It would be very nice to get it supported
as well as they other embedded chipsets like the i815.

Alan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:54    [W:0.036 / U:0.764 seconds]