    SubjectRe: [driver] New life for Serial mice

    > > > hmmm. I just looked over this, and drivers/char/joystick/ser*.[ch].
    > > >
    > > > Bad trend.
    > > >
    > > > Serial needs to be treated just like parport: the basic hardware code,
    > > > then on top of that, a selection of drivers, all peers: dumb serial
    > > > port, serial mouse, joystick, etc.
    > >
    > > Agreed. Completely.
    > I suggest that if someone is thinking about this that they look at
    > serial_core.c in the ARM patch hunk.
    > (
    > Note that you shouldn't apply the whole patch - it probably won't compile
    > for anything but ARM atm.

    Never noticed it until now. Very nice patch :-) I have to agree as well.
    It would be nice if we had

    1) A seperate serial directory under drivers.

    2) A nice structure that input devices and the tty layer can use. It is
    just a waste to go threw the tty layer for input devices. It would also
    make serial driver writing easier if the api is designed right :-)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:55    [W:0.020 / U:7.416 seconds]