    SubjectRe: temperature standard - global config option?
    Hi!

    > > Please, don't.
    > >
    > > Use kelvins *0.1, and use them consistently everywhere. This is what
    > > ACPI does, and it is probably right.
    >
    > I'm sorry, by I don't feel like adding 273 to every number I get just to
    > find the temperature of something. What I would do is give configuration
    > options to choose the default (Celsius/centigrade, Kelvin, or [shudder]
    > Fahrenheit) then, when you need to print or output a temperature, send it
    > off to a common converter function so you don't repeat core all over the
    > place.

    No. Sorry. Create nice tool to display info for you. We are talking
    about output from kernel. It *must not* be configurable. Or do you
    want your programs to read 58 from /proc/acpi/thermal/1/status and
    then reading /proc/units to see if it is celsius or farenhait.

    ACPI is already using 0.1*K, so everything should use that to be
    consistent.
    Pavel
    --
    The best software in life is free (not shareware)! Pavel
    GCM d? s-: !g p?:+ au- a--@ w+ v- C++@ UL+++ L++ N++ E++ W--- M- Y- R+