SubjectRe: temperature standard - global config option?
Date
Followup to:  <Pine.LNX.4.33.0106061814470.1655-100000@cheetah.psv.nu>
By author: Peter Svensson <petersv@psv.nu>
In newsgroup: linux.dev.kernel

> Kelvin (decikelvin?) is probably a good unit to use in the kernel. If you
> want something else you convert it in the programs you use to interact
> with the kernel. This is a usespace issue, I think.

Decikelvins is a good bet if we feel that fitting into 16 bits is a
necessary, or the width of things is limited. Otherwise I would go
for millikelvins on the general principle that creating interfaces too
narrow is really painful.

-hpa
http://www.zytor.com/~hpa/puzzle.txt