    SubjectRe: Cosmetic JFFS patch.
    Date
    On Thursday 28 June 2001 14:36, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:

    > You know what I hate? Debugging stuff like BIOS-e820, zone messages,
    > dentry|buffer|page-cache hash table entries, CPU: Before vendor init,
    > CPU: After vendor init, etc etc, PCI: Probing PCI hardware,
    > ip_conntrack (256 buckets, 2048 max), the complete APIC tables, etc

    We've got a couple of VA rackmount servers with adaptec scsi controllers that
    print out several SCREENS worth of information as they probe all the busses
    and joyfully announce that yes, there are still hard drives plugged into some
    of them, and even gives me a list of the ones that DON'T have hard drives
    plugged into them.

    Interestingly, the bios also goes through a very similar ritual earlier in
    the boot.

    Rob

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:55    [W:0.022 / U:5.680 seconds]