SubjectRe: Is it useful to support user level drivers
Hi!

> I realize that the Linux kernel supports user
> level drivers (via ioperm, etc). However interrupts
> at user level are not supported, does anyone think
> it would be a good idea to add user level interrupt
> support ? I have a framework for it, but it still
> needs
> a lot of work.
>
> Depending on the response I get, I can send out
> more email. Please cc me to the replies as I am no
> longer a part of the Linux kernel mailing list - due
> to the humble size of my mail box.

I'd like to see that done for userspace ltmodem
driver... Unfortunately it can not be easily done for shared PCI
interrupts.
Pavel
PS: Next needed thing is to make it possible for usermode driver to
"mimic" kernel one, including ioctls.
--
I'm pavel@ucw.cz. "In my country we have almost anarchy and I don't care."
Panos Katsaloulis describing me w.r.t. patents at discuss@linmodems.org