SubjectRe: Announcing Journaled File System (JFS) release 1.0.0 available
On Fri, 29 Jun 2001, Luigi Genoni wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Jun 2001, Yaacov Akiba Slama wrote:
>
> > So it seems that even if JFS is less complete than XFS (no ACL, quotas
> > for instance), and even if it is less robust (I don't know if it is, I
> It is not less complete nor less robust, it's a different technology and a
> totally different approach.
> Remember XFS was designed thinking to a kind of HW totally different from
> PC, and so was for jfs. But somehow JFS is a better choice if you
> do not have the last fastest CPU, and the last fastest scsi disk.

This is simply not true. I run xfs on three systems - none of which have
anything close to the latest cpu. Each system runs faster after
installing xfs. Since linux-kernel is not the place for advocacy I
suggest a comparison be for your particular setup to determine which is
best for you.

James Rich
james.rich@m.cc.utah.edu

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:55    [W:0.053 / U:0.360 seconds]