SubjectRe: VM deadlock

On Wednesday, June 27, 2001 03:16:09 PM -0300 Rik van Riel <riel@conectiva.com.br> wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Jun 2001, Chris Mason wrote:
>> On Wednesday, June 27, 2001 04:27:45 PM +0200 Xuan Baldauf <xuan--lkml@baldauf.org> wrote:
>>
>> > My linux box suddenly was not availbale using ssh|telnet,
>> > but it responded to pings. On console login, I could type
>> > "root", but after pressing "return", there was no reaction,
>>
>> Sounds like a deadlock andrea recently found.
>
> It would be nice if Andrea would TELL US every
> once in a while what he found ;)

Well, I got an auto-reply from andrea saying he wasn't reading email until
July 5th (yeah, I've gotten other mails since then, we all know how
that goes ;-)

The orig email I had regarding the patch was he thought some
of the page lists were getting corrupted, leading to someone trying to free
a page that didn't exist anymore. This was a recent discovery, I don't
think the patch is even in an aa kernel yet ;-)

Since Xuan's stack trace had things waiting in deactivate page, it sounded
similar to the problem andrea described. We had a few test boxes
hanging under load, they are testing the patch now, plus Xuan, plus
one other l-k user. If their problems go away, we'll have to dig to
find the exact corruption.

-chris

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:55    [W:0.065 / U:0.296 seconds]