SubjectRe: Microsoft and Xenix.
On Tuesday 26 June 2001 17:15, Joel Jaeggli wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, Jocelyn Mayer wrote:
> you get DR-DOS = Digital Research DOS, then you get Novell DOS, then
> you get Caldera OpenDOS, currently opendos is owned by lineo

Yes, and the source actually was open for a short time when Caldera had it,
then it snapped back shut like a clam. I wanted to use DrDos for an
industrial project because of less paranoid licensing than MS-Dos, but after
being rebuffed in no uncertain terms when I offered to fix a bug I ran away
shuddering and jumped on the Linux cluetrain.

> > I think I remember that DR-DOS was the name that Caldera
> > gave to the Digital Research OS, previously known as GEMDOS,

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:55    [W:0.079 / U:4.768 seconds]