SubjectRe: all processes waiting in TASK_UNINTERRUPTIBLE state
On Mon, 25 Jun 2001, Jeff Dike wrote:
> abali@us.ibm.com said:
> > Can you give more details? Was there an aic7xxx scsi driver on the
> > box? run_task_queue(&tq_disk) should eventually unlock those pages but
> > they remain locked. I am trying to narrow it down to fs/buffer code
> > or the SCSI driver aic7xxx in my case.
>
> Rik would be the one to tell you whether there was an aic7xxx driver
> on the physical box. There obviously isn't one on UML, so if we're
> looking at the same bug, it's in the generic code.

The box has as AIC-7880U controller. OTOH, my dual P5 also has
an AIC7xxx controller and I've never seen the problem there...

On our quad Xeon this problem really seems to be phase-of-moon
related; it hasn't shown up in the last 5 days or so under heavy
stress testing, but when the kernel is compiled just a little bit
different it doesn't happen. ;)

regards,

Rik

Send all your spam to aardvark@nl.linux.org (spam digging piggy)

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:55    [W:0.039 / U:0.036 seconds]