Subjectabout linux mips ext2fs

Hi, all,

I want port linux to our mipsel system. The kernel
can work and system stop at mount root file system.
I download root file system for mipsel from MIPS
company. Because our system have no ethernet
interface,
I have to copy root file system directly to our hard
disk. I put hard disk under intel linux, and using
fdisk and make ex2fs on it. Then I copy root file
system to hard disk. After finished, I place this hard
disk under our mipsel environment. I do not know if
it can work under this environment, the kernel can
mount root file system? If someone knows, please help
me.
Thanks in advance!

Barry