    SubjectRe: What are the VM motivations??

    >> POST IT. Give the rest of us some clues and the opportunity to check
    >> evaluator's replies.
    >
    >Well, if you try that strategy you'll find you never get around to posting it
    >because you'll be too worried about getting it right. The point is not to
    >get it right, it's to get a starting point down on (virtual) paper. I'd
    >strongly suggest passing something like that around for comment privately
    >first.

    Well, it does seem that some ego is involved here...

    >*Then* post it.
    >
    >(and convince me you're not just talking)

    As a physicist, I learned long ago that if you cannot use the back of
    an envelope and explain your theory to a secretary, you do not
    understand it. It has only been revealed recently where some VM
    design information may be hidden, and it's apparently out of date.
    Maintenance requires good documentation, especially in critical areas.
    I hope that your suggestion succeeds, and that a document is passed
    around, but I'll bet a large amount that it doesn't happen.

    If everyone is in the dark, it gets difficult to criticize the guy
    with a match and leaves the matchholder in charge. Some matchholders
    want it that way.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:55    [W:4.015 / U:0.016 seconds]