    SubjectRe: [UPDATE] Directory index for ext2

    After some testing, removing the grsecurity patch seems to have solved
    the disappearing-free-space problem. Now just need to find out why.

    On 20 Jun 2001 18:58:43 +0200, Daniel Phillips wrote:
    > On Wednesday 20 June 2001 16:59, Tony Gale wrote:
    > > The main problem I have with this is that e2fsck doesn't know how to
    > > deal with it - at least I haven't found a version that will. This makes
    > > it rather difficult to use, especially for your root fs.
    >
    > Good, the file format isn't finalized, this is only recommended for use on a
    > test partition.

    It was a test partition, just happended to be a root one. AFAIAA, isn't
    the fact that the file format may change irrelevant. You want people to
    test this stuff or not? If it's not tested on a root fs then how do you
    know there won't be any problems.

    Sorry, but when someone reports a problem, and then you say, well don't
    test it like that then, it is really not acceptable.

    -tony

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:55    [W:0.022 / U:90.028 seconds]