SubjectRe: GCC3.0 Produce REALLY slower code!
Well, I haven't gone and looked at every line of assembler, but I'd bet this
is a hasty characterization.

According to someones recent count there are around 144000 lines of assembler
in the 2.4.2 kernel.

It seems to me you'd have to jump through a lot of hoops to test this compiler.

Then there's the other question: Why should we test a compiler that seems to
be quite proprietary? The invitation indicates it uses FLexLM to manage the

I somehow doubt Linus or just about anyone else is going to care, save for the
folks in Intel, who can do this for themselves just fine.

But, hey, I won't try and stop you. Have fun.