    SubjectRe: GCC3.0 Produce REALLY slower code!
    Well, I haven't gone and looked at every line of assembler, but I'd bet this
    is a hasty characterization.

    According to someones recent count there are around 144000 lines of assembler
    in the 2.4.2 kernel.

    It seems to me you'd have to jump through a lot of hoops to test this compiler.

    Then there's the other question: Why should we test a compiler that seems to
    be quite proprietary? The invitation indicates it uses FLexLM to manage the

    I somehow doubt Linus or just about anyone else is going to care, save for the
    folks in Intel, who can do this for themselves just fine.

    But, hey, I won't try and stop you. Have fun.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:55    [W:0.019 / U:2.656 seconds]