SubjectRe: AMD thunderbird oops
On Mon, 25 Jun 2001, Alan Cox wrote:
> Random oopses normally indicate faulty board cpu or ram (and the fault may
> even just be overheating or dimms not in the sockets cleanly). I doubt its
> the board design or model that is the problem, you probably jut have a faulty
> component somewhere if its oopsing randomly even during installs and stuff

Ive found a number of problems can be traced to power supply problems, the
board providing a bit of under voltage. Manually adjusting CPU voltage a
notch or two up has fixed many a board for me.

Also manually adjusting SDRAM drive strength can help, BIOS sometimes gets
this wrong.

-Dan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:55    [W:0.073 / U:2.804 seconds]