SubjectRe: Microsoft and Xenix.
Hi again,

some old brain-cells got excited with the "good-ol-days" and other names have
surfaced like "Superbrain","Sirius" and "Apricot".Sirius was Victor in the
USA. If you go done the so-called IBM compatible route then the nearly
compatible nightmares will arise and haunt you, your lucky if the scars
have faded!!

I learnt my computing on a PDP8/E with papertape punch/reader, RALF, Fortran
II, then later 2.4Mb removable cartridges (RK05 I think). toggling in the
bootstrap improved your concentration. Much later you could
get a single chip(?) version of this in a wee knee sized box.

One summer job was working on a PDP15 analog computer alongside an 11/20 with
DECTAPE, trying to compute missile firing angles. [A simple version of Pres
Bush's starwars shield].

--

Andrew Smith in Edinburgh,Scotland

On 25 Jun 2001, Kai Henningsen wrote:

> landley@webofficenow.com (Rob Landley) wrote on 24.06.01 in <0106241044060C.01519@localhost.localdomain>:
>
> > Now if somebody here could just point me to a decent reference on A/UX -
> > Apple's mid-80's version of Unix (for the early macintosh, I believe...)
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=%22%2ba/ux%22
>
> Usually a good idea.
>

> Also, you probably want to look at RFC 2235.
>
> MfG Kai
> -

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:55    [W:0.077 / U:0.228 seconds]