    SubjectRe: all processes waiting in TASK_UNINTERRUPTIBLE state

    Hi

    i have been looking at it a lot over the past few days i seem to be the
    person who can trigger it easyest.

    over the past couple of days i have been running with the
    #define WAITQUEUE_DEBUG 1
    no problems seem to have appeared there though and the bug still triggers.

    On Mon, 25 Jun 2001, Jeff Dike wrote:

    > abali@us.ibm.com said:
    > > I am running in to a problem, seemingly a deadlock situation, where
    > > almost all the processes end up in the TASK_UNINTERRUPTIBLE state.
    > > All the process eventually stop responding, including login shell, no
    > > screen updates, keyboard etc. Can ping and sysrq key works. I
    > > traced the tasks through sysrq-t key. The processors are in the idle
    > > state. Tasks all seem to get stuck in the __wait_on_page or
    > > __lock_page.

    i also seem to get ut ub __wait_on_buffer and ___wait_on_page

    James