SubjectRe: Some experience of linux on a Laptop
Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> writes:
> > 8: A way to change kernel without rebooting. I have no diskdrive or cddrive
> > in my laptop so I often do drastic things when I install a new distribution.
>
> Thats actually an incredibly hard problem to solve. The only people who do
> this level of stuff are some of the telephony folks, and the expensive
> tandem non-stop boxes.

If you don't care about preserving user space it is a solved problem.

I have a patch that is currently up to 2.4.2 that works on both alpha,
and x86. Porting to other archtietures also looks very simple.

I wrote it so I can use the linux kernel in conjunction with some
use space code as a bootloader.

Eric

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:55    [W:0.106 / U:0.788 seconds]