SubjectRe: Annoying kernel behaviour
Colonel wrote:
> Ah, notice that the IRQ shifted? Perhaps there is something else on
> irq 10, such as the SCSI controller? My video cards always end up on
> that IRQ, perhaps the computer is still accessible via the network?

I would expect the IRQ to shift as the system has a different
motherboard/processor than it did in December.

CPU0
0: 3208074 XT-PIC timer
1: 2 XT-PIC keyboard
2: 0 XT-PIC cascade
10: 1 XT-PIC bttv
12: 10444 XT-PIC eth0
14: 12366 XT-PIC ide0
15: 67 XT-PIC ide1
NMI: 0
ERR: 0

There are no conflicts, and PCI should be able to share anyways.

That machine, being a server, is only accesible via the network. And when
all my SSH sessions to it died, and the pings weren't pinging, I went over
to the server corner, attached a monitor to the machaine and tried the magic
sysrq on the keyboard after verifying that I couldn't get a local response.
As I said, I can easily lock an entire system in a way that corrupts files
even on a synchronuslly mounted partition from userland with no warning, no
error messages.

Waht part of this do you fail to grasp?

--
www.kuro5hin.org -- technology and culture, from the trenches.