SubjectRe: What are the VM motivations??
On Sun, 24 Jun 2001, Jason McMullan wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 24, 2001 at 03:26:13PM -0300, Rik van Riel wrote:
> > On Sun, 24 Jun 2001, Jason McMullan wrote:
> > > Uhh. That's not what I was ranting about. What I was
> > > ranting about is that we have never 'put to paper' the
> > > requirements ('motiviations') for a good VM, nor have we
> > > looked at said nonexistent list and figured out what instrumentation
> > > would be needed.
> >
> > But we have. The fact that you missed the event doesn't
> > make it any less true.
>
> Excellent! Where can I find this? I would be most
> interested in what your considerations for a good VM are.
> (It'd probably be a good thing to reference people to when
> they start arguing off-the-cuff about VMs, eh?)

Over the last year there has been quite a bit of discussion
with Stephen Tweedie, Matt Dillon and more people. Parts of
it can be found on http://linux-mm.org/

The conclusion of most of this discussion is in my FREENIX
paper, which can be found at http://www.surriel.com/lectures/.

regards,

Rik
--
Executive summary of a recent Microsoft press release:
"we are concerned about the GNU General Public License (GPL)"

http://www.surriel.com/
http://www.conectiva.com/ http://distro.conectiva.com/

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:55    [W:0.059 / U:0.128 seconds]