    SubjectRe: Missing help entries in 2.4.6pre5
    Date
    On Friday 22 June 2001 10:00, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
    > In article <20010622094934.A13075@thyrsus.com>,
    >
    > Eric S. Raymond <esr@thyrsus.com> wrote:
    > >You're a bit irritated. That's good. I *want* people who don't write
    > >help entries for their configuration symbols to be a bit irritated.
    > >That way, they might get around to actually doing what they ought to.
    >
    > You mean you actually want people to start ignoring you?

    There's a really simple solution to that. Eric can just make up his own help
    file entries that are wildly inaccurate and actively insulting to whoever it
    is who owns the symbol. Something along the lines of:

    "Enabling this subsystem may cause your house to burn down and your dog to
    explode. The prevailing opinion is that Linus was probably blackmailed into
    including this option by someone with naked pictures of his cat. It's
    useless and irritating, and just might be removed soon, so don't count on it
    continuing to be there. Nobody knows how to use it because they didn't
    provide any documentation for it."

    Then they're welcome to ignore it. :)

    Rob

    (As mel brooks said, it's good to be the help file maintainer...)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:55    [W:0.022 / U:61.792 seconds]