    SubjectRe: Missing help entries in 2.4.6pre5
    Russell King <>:
    > On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 09:49:34AM -0400, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
    > > You're a bit irritated. That's good. I *want* people who don't write
    > > help entries for their configuration symbols to be a bit irritated.
    > > That way, they might get around to actually doing what they ought to.
    > The people you're irritating are not the people who create these symbols
    > though, so its a little pointless.

    Irritating port managers a little is good, too. Sometimes, they can get
    the right person to move. It's happened before.

    A ``decay in the social contract'' is detectable; there is a growing
    feeling, particularly among middle-income taxpayers, that they are not
    getting back, from society and government, their money's worth for
    taxes paid. The tendency is for taxpayers to try to take more control
    of their finances ..
    -- IRS Strategic Plan, (May 1984)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:55    [W:0.021 / U:33.740 seconds]