SubjectRe: Controversy over dynamic linking -- how to end the panic
** Reply to message from Andrew Pimlott <andrew@pimlott.ne.mediaone.net> on
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 17:05:34 -0400

> Sorry, I meant to say "chooser of the license". Given that Linux
> was never an FSF project, and that Linus editorializes at the top of
> COPYING, I think it is reasonable to infer that we are talking about
> his interpretation of the GPL.

And my point is that by making such a public, far-reaching interpretation of
the GPL, a lawyer in court could argue that his interpretation should be THE
interpretation. I believe that judges have made interpretations of a law based
solely on how the law is practiced, to avoid situations where everyone affected
by that law has to change what he's doing.

--
Timur Tabi - ttabi@interactivesi.com
Interactive Silicon - http://www.interactivesi.com