SubjectRe: The latest Microsoft FUD. This time from BillG, himself.
On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 05:53:44PM -0500, Wayne.Brown@altec.com wrote:
> Not I. The slides for my last meeting were done as TIFF files and I used xv to
> display them. Plus, the most recent documentation I wrote for one of our
> mainframe applications was done with vi and LaTeX. "What, in addition to the
> printed copies, you want a copy of the Word document? There is no Word
> document. But I'll convert it to Rich Text for you and you can take it from
> there." If my employer didn't require me to use them occasionally, I'd delete
> every Microsoft product on my laptop. It's not that I have anything against
> proprietary software. It's just Microsoft that I despise.

I did the slides for my last LUG talk in MagicPoint (apt-get install mgp, or
on rpmfind.net, or wherever, maybe even with RH, I don't know). Very clean
format - see http://kabuki.sfarc.net/daniel/netfilter/netfilter.mgp

--
Daniel Stone <daniel@sfarc.net>
<Nuke> "can NE1 help me aim nuclear weaponz????? /MSG ME!!"