SubjectRe: is there a linux running on jvm arch ?
> I 've tested the User Mode Linux a few times ago, and it gave me an
> idea: given the fact that we had a GCC which
> produce bytecode from C, it would be possible to produce a port of
> linux(a new directory "jvm" in the arch dir) which
> would run in a Java Virtual Machine. (after some inquiries such compiler
> does not exist :-( )
> I'm dreaming of a linux booting in a browser applet(imagine sending such
> thing in a mail to MS peoples !!!!)

The JVM is very very bad from a C language point of view. You can convert C
code to it and there have been some very experimental demos of this. However
it is a very non trivial problem

Alan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:55    [W:0.038 / U:0.964 seconds]