    SubjectRe: IP_ALIAS in 2.4.x gone?

    I found the problem...

    IP_ALIAS is no longer needed in the config. I screwed up the init script
    configs for it so it did not work as expected.

    The documentation does not reflect that the alias behaviour is on by
    default.

    I will submit a patch for the docs that reflects this so others will not
    get confused by that.

    On Wed, 20 Jun 2001, Alan Olsen wrote:

    > Has the IP_ALIAS functionality been replaced by something else in the
    > 2.4.x kernels?
    >
    > Documentation/networking/alias.txt seems to imply that it still does, but
    > the string IP_ALIAS does not exist anywhere else in the entire source
    > tree. (Unless you count the default configs for non-i86 architectures.
    >
    > There is a "virtual server" option in the kernel that ships with Redhat,
    > but I assume that this is a patch for something Redhat specific. (It is
    > not an option in 2.4.5, unless I am missing something.)
    >
    > How is binding multiple IPs to a single ethernet card *supposed* to be
    > handled under 2.4.x? If the IP_ALIAS option is no longer valid, then the
    > alias.txt doc should be changed to reflect the new option.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > alan@ctrl-alt-del.com | Note to AOL users: for a quick shortcut to reply
    > Alan Olsen | to my mail, just hit the ctrl, alt and del keys.
    > "All power is derived from the barrel of a gnu." - Mao Tse Stallman
    >
    > -

    alan@ctrl-alt-del.com | Note to AOL users: for a quick shortcut to reply
    Alan Olsen | to my mail, just hit the ctrl, alt and del keys.
    "All power is derived from the barrel of a gnu." - Mao Tse Stallman

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:55    [W:0.033 / U:30.420 seconds]