SubjectRe: Using cramfs as root filesystem on diskless machine
From
Le Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 07:44:52PM +0400, Alexandr Andreev écrivait :
> David L. Parsley wrote
>
> Possibly, some symlinks are broken, or some libraries are missed, on my
> rootfs...
> But it is very strange, that ext2fs ramdisk image works with the same
> rootfs on it.
> I'll try to investigate it by myself.

I have almost the same problem, I am using a cramfs root filesystem, not a
ramdisk cramfs. When I use the very same content on ext2 mounted read-only
everything work as expected, but with cramfs some daemons don't start
(mingetty for example)...

I mount tmpfs in /tmp and files touched in /var are symlinks to files in
/tmp...

I don't have a clue of what goes wrong, hints a more than welcome ;)

linux is 2.4.5-ac15+patch for cramfs by Daniel Quinlan+Mathias
Killian (http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/linux/linux-kernel/2001-01/1064.html)

Regards,
Sept
--
Stéphane Casset LOGIDÉE sàrl Se faire plaisir d'apprendre
3, quai Kléber, Tour Sébastopol Tel : +33 388 23 69 77 casset@logidee.com