SubjectRe: 2.4.5 data corruption
On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 08:01:11PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:

> > Sometimes it takes either the kernel tree or our website some time to get
> > in 'sync' with the latest driver version. The latest driver version is
> > 1.02.00.007.
> >
> > There may be DAC960 like /proc support at some point for GUI haters.
>
> Publishing enough info to let people write a GPL non gui management tool would
> be a win in itself

And on-disk superblock documentation.
I want to be able to recover from a single disk-failure and
power-fail conditions in all cases, not just in 50%.

3ware is simply unable to recover from some situations where recovery
is possible (reported to them at least two times).

Maybe they will understand this sometimes. I think that I have
a right to get my data back if it's possible.
It was extremly hard to explain them LGPL and the
fact that they violated it; so I expect not too much.

To not publish the specs is really extremly unfair;
it just shows how they care about my data.

--

ciao -
Stefan