    SubjectRe: How to compile on one machine and install on another?
    On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Alan Cox wrote:

    > Other than making sure you configure it for the box it will eventually run
    > on - nope you have it all sorted. If you use modules you'll want to install
    > the modules on the target machine too

    What is the best way to install the modules? Is there a directory _all_ of
    the modules exist in b4 you do "make modules_install". I usually end up
    setting EXTRAVERSION to something unique and doing a make modules_install.
    That way it does not hose up the modules for the build machine.
    Is there a better way?

    ......Tom INCOMPETIANCE: When You Earnestly Believe You Can Compensate for a Lack of Skill by Doubling Your
    Efforts, There's No End to What You Can't Do.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:55    [W:0.019 / U:49.940 seconds]