SubjectRe: [patch] nonblinking VGA block cursor
Hi!

> Attached is a patch to enforce a non-blinking, FreeBSD-syscons like
> block cursor in console mode.
>
> This is useful for laptop types, or people like me who really really
> detest a blinking cursor.
>
> NOTE: It disables the softcursor escape codes
> (/usr/src/linux/Documentation/VGA-softcursor.txt), since I don't
> ever want anything to change my cursor shape/style :)
>
> It applies cleanly against 2.4.5, to use, select:
>
> 'VGA block cursor (non-blinking) support' in the 'Console drivers'
> section of menuconfig.

You want softcursor to be used after console reset. Ok. I want
non-standard pallete after console reset. Should I also add an option?

What could make sense would be "Escape sequence to do after console
reset". You could type there softcursor sequence to make it solid, and
I could type there sequence to change my pallete. Seems less ugly than
special config option for each such feature.
Pavel
--
I'm pavel@ucw.cz. "In my country we have almost anarchy and I don't care."
Panos Katsaloulis describing me w.r.t. patents at discuss@linmodems.org