SubjectRe: ps2 keyboard filter hook
On 15 Jun 2001 16:03:32 -0400, ddstreet@us.ibm.com wrote:

> IBM Retail Store Solutions dept has certain PS/2 keyboards which extend the
> standard PS/2 specification in order to support addition hardware built into the
> keyboard (such as a Magnetic Strip Reader, Keylock, Tone generator, extra keys,
> -Dan

I'm facing a similar problem with the "Qoder" barcode scanner. I have to
have a keyboard hook. The "right" way seem to be to use the input api.
Unfortunately, this means that current kernels can't use the driver w/o
a patch (the input api patch). The ugly way is to patch the keyboard
driver. I'm doing both.

However, I wrote a REALLY SIMPLE hook tht supported exactly my needs,
since it's in the category of "ugly hack waiting for input api." Maybe
I'll write a version for your hook.

I wonder when the input api stuff for ps/2 devices will be a part of the
mainstream kernel...

--
Michael Rothwell
rothwell@holly-springs.nc.us