    SubjectRe: ps2 keyboard filter hook
    On 15 Jun 2001 16:03:32 -0400, ddstreet@us.ibm.com wrote:

    > IBM Retail Store Solutions dept has certain PS/2 keyboards which extend the
    > standard PS/2 specification in order to support addition hardware built into the
    > keyboard (such as a Magnetic Strip Reader, Keylock, Tone generator, extra keys,
    > -Dan

    I'm facing a similar problem with the "Qoder" barcode scanner. I have to
    have a keyboard hook. The "right" way seem to be to use the input api.
    Unfortunately, this means that current kernels can't use the driver w/o
    a patch (the input api patch). The ugly way is to patch the keyboard
    driver. I'm doing both.

    However, I wrote a REALLY SIMPLE hook tht supported exactly my needs,
    since it's in the category of "ugly hack waiting for input api." Maybe
    I'll write a version for your hook.

    I wonder when the input api stuff for ps/2 devices will be a part of the
    mainstream kernel...

    --
    Michael Rothwell
    rothwell@holly-springs.nc.us