SubjectRe: Kernel 2.0.35 limits
The exact uptime is unknown, so it may have actually been 497 days.

No matter, since we will now upgrade the system. We held back on the
upgrade before since it had such a nice uptime. Better than any other
system on campus and its run by student volunteers.

Thanks for the info.

On Fri, 15 Jun 2001, Alan Cox wrote:

> > Just this morning, our firewall get a kernel panic after 500 days of
> > uptime.
> Interesting very interesting in fact. There is a 497 day wrap on the kernel but
> it should do nothing more than send the uptime back to zero. I'm not sure
> how the crash fits in to this but it could be significant that its about
> the wrap time

Paul N. Faure 613.266.3286
Chief Technical Officer, CertainKey Inc.
Carleton University Systems Eng. 3rd Year
Engineering Society Administrator