    SubjectRe: psaux mouse driver + inland pro optical 100 mouse

    Try commenting out the AUX_RECONNECT block on line 406 in pc_keyb.c

    #ifdef CONFIG_PS2_KEYBOARD_SWITCH_COMPATIBILITY_MODE
    else if(scancode == AUX_RECONNECT){
    queue->head = queue->tail = 0; /* Flush input queue */
    __aux_write_ack(AUX_ENABLE_DEV); /* ping the mouse :) */
    return;
    }
    #endif

    and let me know what happens..

    Vladimir Dergachev
    PS please CC me as I read this list only occasionally (too much traffic).

    On Fri, 15 Jun 2001, David Ashley wrote:

    > Under linux 2.4.1 if I move the mouse slow enough it doesn't register at all
    > in Xwindows. If I unplug the ps2 mouse and plug it back in, it works
    > perfectly, no matter how slowly I move it the movement is registered. It
    > is as if the linux kernel is imposing a threshold on the movement.
    >
    > Under windows it works fine. The problem is in linux.
    >
    > I've tried modifying pc_keyb.c code by sending an F6 byte to set defaults,
    > using the aux_write_ack function in open_aux(), but that doesn't have any
    > effect. Does anyone have a clue what the driver is doing to reduce the
    > quality of the mouse? I'm not sure it is limited to this particular mouse,
    > it is just the one I just bought at Fry's for $10.
    >
    > I'm running an athlon 1 gig, /proc/version is
    > Linux version 2.4.1 (root@dave) (gcc version egcs-2.91.66 19990314/Linux (egcs-1.1.2 release)) #17 Fri Jun 15 20:15:45 PDT 2001
    >
    > Thanks!
    > -Dave
    > -

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:55    [W:4.184 / U:0.576 seconds]