SubjectUsing cramfs as root filesystem on diskless machine
Hi, list.

My MIPS machine has no any disks or flopies. So i obliged to use a RAM
disk with a file system on it, which is mounted as root.
I use gzipped initrd image, which is linked to the special section in the
kernel during compilation. Now, the RAM disk size is really big, so i
decide
to use cramfs instead of ext2. In scripts/cramfs/ I found an utility that
creates cramfs file system image. But i read in rd.c, that RAM disk driver
doesn't support the cramfs.

After i create an image, how can i mount it as root file system? Where i
must put it? Which kernel command line options i must use?

Please answer, or point me to any documentation or mailing list.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:55    [W:0.098 / U:0.156 seconds]