SubjectRe: Gigabit Intel NIC? - Intel Gigabit Ethernet Pro/1000T
Hi Ion.

>> Shawn, I'd suggest you tell the said sales guy that IF he can
>> get you the FULL specs TOGETHER WITH permission to freely
>> distribute them...

> Permission to freely distribute the specs isn't necessary,
> although it is nice indeed. All that's needed is permission to
> GPL the driver sources written using knowledge from said specs.

That presupposes that the person they give the specs to is the person
writing the driver. I don't remember shawn offering to write a driver
or anything approaching that.

As I see it, if Shawn has permission to freely distribute the specs,
he can send a copy to Alan Cox for forwarding to the relevant driver
developers. However, if he has to sign an NDA to get them, they're
useless...

Alan: Am I right in assuming this?

Best wishes from Riley.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:55    [W:0.092 / U:0.112 seconds]