    SubjectRe: unregistered changes to the user<->kernel API
    On Thu, Jun 14, 2001 at 07:11:27PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
    > I dont see why Tux should be merged. If we have people achieving the same
    > performance in user space with the core facilities tux added to the kernel

    I never had doubt that you could do the same in userspace using the
    zorocopy functionality (see the old threads with Jeff V. Merkey and
    netware when I was saying you don't need it in kernel) so in theory I
    totally agree since the first place...

    > like the better irq/sendfile stuff why bother merging tux ?

    ... but in practice x15 is nor open source nor free software and I'd
    prefer to have an open choice. I wouldn't even think to merge tux if
    zope, apache, thttpd would run as fast as tux of course.

    Andrea

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:55    [W:0.020 / U:91.964 seconds]