SubjectRe: unregistered changes to the user<->kernel API
On Thu, Jun 14, 2001 at 07:11:27PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> I dont see why Tux should be merged. If we have people achieving the same
> performance in user space with the core facilities tux added to the kernel

I never had doubt that you could do the same in userspace using the
zorocopy functionality (see the old threads with Jeff V. Merkey and
netware when I was saying you don't need it in kernel) so in theory I
totally agree since the first place...

> like the better irq/sendfile stuff why bother merging tux ?

... but in practice x15 is nor open source nor free software and I'd
prefer to have an open choice. I wouldn't even think to merge tux if
zope, apache, thttpd would run as fast as tux of course.

Andrea

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans