SubjectRe: more on VIA 686B (trials)
On Thursday 14 June 2001 01:10 pm, Alan Cox wrote:
> And praying it doesnt go wrong on you - has it not occurred to you that the
> extremely high throughput copies that the mmx copy we use causes will
> occasionally happen by chance and get you anyway ?

Yeah, it's occurred to me, but it's yet to happen. I fought with the thing
for 48 hours, and after settling on a K6 kernel w/'Enhanced' enabled, I've
not had a single problem. I suppose it's possible that I've not seen the
problem, but I've put this box through it's paces many times over since I
settled. I gave it another go with 2.4.6-pre3 this morning, hoping something
had snuck in ;)

Cory 'G' Watson
You know what we need, Hobbes? We need an attitude. Yeah, you can't be cool
if you don't have an attitude. -- Calvin