SubjectRe: CLOSE_WAIT bug?
<eg_nth@sinocdn.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I suppect that there is bug in both kernel 2.2.19 and 2.4.5.
> The situation is as follow.
>
> One server socket created and listening, blocking on select(),
> once a client connect to that port, there is another thread in server
> side issues a close() to the new connection.
> After the client close the connection. The connection in server side will
> stuck on CLOSE_WAIT forever until the program being killed.

It is a known problem that unfortunately cannot be easily fixed with the current VFS.
select has a reference to the file handle and it keeps it open until the select ends.
Do a shutdown() in the thread before the close, then the select should wake up.

-Andi

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:55    [W:0.062 / U:0.436 seconds]