SubjectRe: Download process for a "split kernel" (was: obsolete code must die)
> Or as a simpler design, something like;
> * a copy of the kernel maintained in a CVS tree
> * kernel download would pull down:
> * the build script
> * a file containing the list of filenames depended on by
> each config option
> * build script builds the config and then cvs updates the file list
> and the files for each config option in question to the version as
> tagged in the build script
> Someone could relatively easily maintain this separate to all the kernel
> developers, and it would mean only ever having to download files you were
> actually using.

50 % of kernel size is from /linux/drivers
25 % of kernel size is from machine dependent /linux/arch/XXXX and
If we are able to divide Linux tree in such a way that everyone can
download it from from their personnal modems and enjoy linux.

may be i am wrong .

But i love downloading whole kernel and i usually refer different

Thank you,

Best Regards,

These are my opinions not 3Di.